Web Application: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide
If you go back in time and recall the history of web applications and their development one can never forget the time when the digital industry faced one of its major big bangs changing a hell of a lot of things along with the evolution of the IT industry as a whole. From that time to today is the day when it is fair to say that apps have changed our lives. With the internet being commonplace in the world, the majority of our everyday life is touched and operated by the app revolution. From shopping and fitness to leisure and work, to taking bits of advice, web applications play such a prominent role in our everyday lives. There are only a few aspects of our lives that have been left completely untouched by the app revolution but the majority of them are covered under the umbrella of web applications.
For businesses, the web application is a method of an inexpensive channel meant to communicate and exchange information with prospects and the target audience. Businesses are shifting left by taking the right advantage of the innovative customer and employee experience offered by web applications.
Now, before we move forward with the topic in detail and cover something else, it is important to share a thorough knowledge of what web application is, what its basic benefits are, and how it works?
Information in connection with Web Application
With the upswing in the field of the internet and the major shift in the digital world, a web application is an interactive online application or computer program built using Web Development Services and technologies that allow a user to interact with a website via an installed browser. In layman language, whenever you visit a website or online platform and perform any sort of action on it, it means you are using a web application.
Types of Web Application
A web application is categorized in terms of architecture and interaction with the server. In general, there are around 8 different types of web applications.
- Static Web Application: The very first category of a web application is a static web application that came into existence on the internet. A static web application is simply built with HTML and CSS that displays various GIFs, Videos, and animation to attract visitors.
- Dynamic Web Application: From a technical point of view a dynamic web application is an upgrade for a regular static one. The main purpose of a dynamic web application is direct interaction with the client. Dynamic web applications are a bit more complex while developing and require a lot of programming languages like PHP, ASP.NET, and others.
CMS Web Application: CMS or Content Management System web application is a type where the operator does not need any technical team as the operation, installation, and working of CMS web applications are easy to work upon and manage. Different types of CMS web applications are WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
E-commerce Web Applications: A web application that is directly promoting different types of products and services can be categorized and known as an e-commerce web application. An e-commerce web application is also a bit complex to build as it includes several features like electronic payment systems, management panels, a listing of new products, personal user cabinets, etc. For example Amazon and Flipkart.
Multi-page Web Application: A multi-page web application or MPAs act and work similarly to a dynamic web application and consist of more than one page. These web applications are well known for their scalability, zero page limits, and provide a lot of information about the company. MPAs are termed to have a good SEO ranking by following the best SEO optimization practices.
- Portal Web Application: A portal web application is termed as a web platform that provides a single access point to the relevant information. Portal web applications are widely used to distribute employee training information and also help improve the way the user interacts with the business.
- SPA Web Application: SPAs or Single Page web application is a type of dynamic web application that acts as a single web app unit and needs no browser to reload. The development process of a single-page web application is simple and fast. SPAs are widely used for great social networks, email providers, and online video and audio for example Gmail, Twitter, Netflix, etc.
Perks of Web Applications
From boosting user engagement to being more convenient in using the application web apps are an efficient option for web browsing. They require less maintenance and have lower requirements of the user’s computer as they are easily run by web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and others. Apart from this a web application has many different uses and has potential benefits like multiple user access, no installation, convenience, and others.
- Cross-platform: Web applications can be accessed by users from any device, whether you have a smartphone, a tablet, or a desktop. The benefits of the high portability of web applications make browsing easy for the users. In general, web applications are multi-platform, easily adaptable to different kinds of electronic devices using an active internet connection.
Easier development: The benefits of easier development, maintenance, and installation help you avoid all the hassle and memory usage of the software. A web application is easier to install and requires much lower maintenance requirements with updates and patches rolled out remotely to different devices.
Cost-effective: A web application is the one and only application that can be easily accessed from different devices which means that even if you develop a web app for mobile it would go fine with a tablet, a desktop, or a laptop. You do not need to develop it over again for different devices which directly or indirectly saves your money and lands in the benefits of the web application.
Accessibility: As web applications are web-based, they can be accessed 24/7 with an active internet connection. Web applications are highly flexible, offer access from different devices and browsers. People using web applications can perceive, understand, navigate and interact with the web easily and efficiently as it does not contain any hard and fast rules meant to be followed.
Easy customizable: One of the biggest benefits that the development of a web application involves is easy customization and scalability for the same. There are a number of customers who need the web application developed as per their specific business needs which is sometimes not possible with other app development but with web applications, the custom development is flexible, scalable, and functional as per the business need.
High level of security: With a web application, you have the peace of zero-damage and zero theft because a web application has its data stored in cloud storage. In the event of human error or programmer error, you can easily and quickly restore the data from the cloud. The data is expected to be present as long as you know the URL, user ID, and password. You can easily log in with the credentials anytime you want and keep your business running safely again in no time.
Posted By: Mrmmbs Vision